Top 10 Cancer Fighting Foods
How to fight cancer With food?
There is a great fear that usually overwhelms people when they get bad news that their health is deteriorating rapidly and every day will be a struggle for comfort. For those times when a person may feel as though all hope is lost, there is something to remember. Doctor studies show that certain Cancer Fighting Foods That Heal Cancer and other serious diseases and provide a better quality of life.
Below are a few conditions that strike fear into many hearts and the foods that can help heal them. Education is key in preventing and treating illnesses.
How cancer developed?
My theory is that cancer is caused by damage to the DNA. We have certain defenses to this. Bad DNA can replicate into more bad DNA. A bad cell can produce another bad cell sometimes. Cancer cells are abnormal. This may seem simple to some, but I have often been criticized for writing on too complex a level. Ultimately the disease is on a molecular level.
Free radicals are unstable oxygen atoms (and sometimes nitrogen atoms) that, if not rendered neutral by antioxidant compounds, have the potential to damage DNA-the building blocks of life-and this damage is a precursor to possible cancer development down the road, as well as crippling heart disease
Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymph nodes. Leukemia is a cancer of the bone marrow resulting in too many white blood cells. Most of the blood cells are red, but some of them are white.
Many common foods are known to have cancer-fighting properties. Numerous medical sources list the ones they feel have the most protective benefit. The experts aren’t in total agreement here, but there is a great deal of overlap among these lists.
Foods That Heal Cancer
- We have already discussed foods that are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C to help heal cells and prevent the changes that occur in the cancer process. But there is still a little more you should know about these foods that heal.
Those who eat foods every day like potato chips, cheeseburgers, donuts, French fries, etc from junk food, these people are much more likely to develop cancer. There is so much evidence that supports that a fatty diet is linked to breast cancer, cancer of the prostate, and colon cancer.
- Fiber is another important aspect of your diet.
Not only does this healing food significantly reduce the chance of colon cancer but it also works on many different levels throughout the body and takes other harmful elements out of the entire digestive tract. Foods high in fiber are kidney beans, chickpeas, okra, Brussels sprouts, and whole grains.
- Your mother probably always told you, “Eat your vegetables.” Maybe what she should have told you is, “Eat your berries!”
Did you know that fruit, especially berries, collectively rank much higher in overall antioxidant capacity than vegetables, even spinach, and broccoli? Not too long ago, scientists published an article with up-to-date results on over 100 foods – rating the foods on “hydrophilic Oxygen-Radical Absorbance Capacity.”
Top 10 Cancer Fighting Foods
According to the report, which was for the USDA‘s National Food and Nutrient Analysis Program, the Top 10 Cancer Fighting Foods that lead to Cancer prevention, according to overall antioxidant capacity, include:
- wild blueberries
- cooked artichoke
- black plums
- raw Raab broccoli
- cultivated blueberries
- red cooked cabbage
- red delicious apples.
However, the most potent anti-cancer compounds don’t necessarily show up in the greatest volume in these 10 Cancer Fighting Foods.
- For example, lycopene from cooked tomato products has been linked to reduced prostate cancer risk, but cooked tomatoes rank 43 in the report.
- Spinach comes in at 38. Don’t let those numbers trick you, however, because spinach-along with all cruciferous vegetables-contain a very serious cancer-tromping compound called indole-3 carbinol, which has inhibited tumor growth in laboratory studies.
- Spinach: Several studies have found that folk who eat spinach twice a week or more have lower lung and breast cancer rates.
keep in mind another 10 foods must be in the Cancer diet
Also keep in mind that the report did not include other foods that have powerful anti-cancer properties, such as green tea. Thus, as far as lowering cancer risk, the top 10 foods/beverages that I recommend are (in no particular order):
- Green tea
- Acai berry juice
- Pomegranate juice
- Any kind of whole berries
- Broccoli or cabbage
- Spinach/kale/collard greens
- Cooked tomato product
- Wheatgrass and barley grass in powder form, mixed with water
- Dark chocolate
Foods That Heal Cancer: Seafood
- Fish, shellfish, and seaweed or kelp all contain every known mineral.
Foods That Heal Cancer: Flax
- Contains two cancer fighters, omega-3 fatty acids, and lignans. Omega 3s support immune function while lignans are phytoestrogens, similar to but weaker than the natural hormone.
- They are believed to bind to a woman’s estrogen receptors and block excessive estrogen activity in the cells, reducing the risk of hormone-driven cancers (breast and uterine). Lots of plants contain lignans; but flaxseed is, by far, the richest source.
- Studies have shown that the catechins in green tea suppress the growth of cancer cells. It also contains the strongest known antioxidant, EGCC.
- This group is comprised of broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, collards, kale, and all their kin. All are rich in anti-cancer flavonoids, but the richest source in the lot is red cabbage. All of the aforementioned are also great sources of calcium which is believed to prevent the growth of precancerous polyps that can lead to colon cancer.
Tomatoes A Great Cancer Fighting Foods
- One of the richest sources of lycopene, a flavonoid proven to defend against cancers of the lung, cervix, mouth, and prostate. The nutrient only becomes biologically available when the fruit is cooked, so raw tomatoes (though they provide other benefits) will not work.
- A 2015 studyTrusted Source found that nuts may help reduce inflammation and cancer risk.
Unfortunately, there are also cancer-promoting foods such as meat and fat and salt and sugar. This article will deal with the good foods and the bad ones.
Primitive men did not eat sugar, cake, candy bars, yogurt, refined foods, etc. Primitive men ate fruits, vegetables, raw foods, etc. Primitive man did not drink coffee or soda pop.
The body evolved with certain defenses to diseases such as mental illness, cancer, etc. The body evolved on a high-fiber diet. The cavemen did not eat sour cream or cream cheese. They only drank milk when they were babies. Today milk has become a sacred cow.
Cancer-causing foods include:
- Processed meats (hot dogs, salami, sausage).
- Overcooked foods
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates
keeps your health!
Taking care of your health is a necessary thing in the step of preventing cancer, just avoiding the foods that cause it and eating Cancer Fighting Foods, and then exercising for cancer patients to feel a greater degree of improvement, as exercise is the most powerful treatment to eliminate any disease