south beach diet recipes
south beach diet
Today, everyone is looking for the best diet available to lose weight before the summertime comes around. Well, today I’d like to tell you about a diet that more and more Americans have found actually works. It is safe and helps you lose weight. And not only that. There’s more! The South Beach diet is more than just a weight loss program, it is a way of life to stay healthy and fit for the rest of your life.
The south beach diet recipes have some of the most wonderful and delightful to ensure successful weight loss, and the South Beach Diet’s breakfast recipes are the perfect start to any day.
The south beach diet recipes were created by cardiologist Dr. Agaston. The diet is not a low-carb diet. The diet helps you choose the proper carbs, proteins, and foods to eat on a day-to-day basis.
The diet started when Dr. Agaston was looking for a diet for himself to lose weight. None of the other diets worked for him so he decided to invent one using his skills as a cardiologist.
The South Beach Diet has prided itself on being one of the most practical and sensible diet plans on the market today and features three easy-to-follow phases to get you started on your way to weight loss. Dinner is one of my favorite meals, and with South Beach diet recipes, dinner has become a healthy treat.
The diet is divided into three phases.
- The first phase is the toughest because you will have to put yourself on a strict diet for several weeks.
- However, phases two and three are much easier and show you how to keep that weight loss off and stay thin.
south beach diet phase 1
south beach diet phase 1 recipes at lasts 2 weeks and puts you on a strict diet. However, unlike other diets, this diet plan actually encourages you to eat 3 meals and day with snacks in between every meal so that you won’t go hungry or have that one big filling meal of the day.
The small means several times a day allows for better digestion and more weight loss. The foods you will eat during this phase include lean meats, chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, reduced-fat cheese, nuts beans, and vegetables.
south beach diet phase 2
This stage is rather long, as it starts on the fifteenth day and ends when the target weight is reached. And we start by adding foods that were previously forbidden in the first stage, such as white bread, pasta, fruits, brown rice, and some vegetables.
south beach diet phase 3
The third phase begins when you reach your target weight and stays here for life. Follow the instructions of the second phase to be a lifestyle for you, but treatments are allowed in sick conditions, and there are no foods that are strictly prohibited but eat in south beach diet recipes. If you gain weight again, Dr. Arthur recommends going back to the first phase for two weeks and then resuming the third.
The foods that you are prohibited from south beach diet recipes include:
- bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, baked goods, fruit, candy, cookies, ice cream, or other sugar-coated items. No beer or alcohol either.
- During this initial phase, you should see immediate results in weight loss right away.
Breakfast has always been one of the hardest meals for me to make and commit to because mornings are usually one big blur and preparing a nutritional breakfast was out of the question. I found that the south beach diet recipes have easy diet breakfast recipes that can be prepared quickly without jeopardizing precious morning time.
My favorite South Beach diet breakfast recipe is the Morning Monte Cristo. This South Beach diet breakfast recipe is South Beach diet friendly because of its low-calorie count and low carbohydrate value.
The Morning Monte Cristo recipe is simply scrumptious and topped with Oscar Mayer Shaved Smoked Ham and creamy milk Kraft singles. The sugar-free apricot preserves make the Morning Monte Cristo diet recipe unique which adds a tangy and sweet taste to this breakfast wonder and is an ideal addition to any diet recipe breakfast collection.
Morning Monte Cristo
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cholesterol-free egg product½ cup fat-free milk
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8-teaspoon sugar-free apricot preserves
- 24 slices Oscar Mayer Shaved Smoked Ham
- 8 Kraft 2% Milk Singles cut in half
method of preparation
- Preheat the electric griddle to 300 degrees or (a large skillet if you do not have a griddle). Beat egg, egg product, and milk in a shallow dish with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Spray the griddle or (skillet) with cooking spray. Dip bread slices in egg mixture, turning over to evenly coat both sides. Add to a hot griddle or (skillet); cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides.
- Spread each bread slice with 1 teaspoon of preserves. Top evenly with ham and 2% Milk Singles
The grilled chicken fajitas are my absolute favorite south beach diet recipes. I absolutely love the zest and taste of Mexican food and thought that with the South Beach Diet, I would have to give up my love for the south of the border. This South Beach Diet recipe has all of the nutrition and flavoring without the extra calories.
What makes the grilled chicken fajitas South Beach Diet recipe so delicious? The marinated garlic grilled chicken with lime, bell peppers, and sweet red onions is a perfect addition to any South Beach diet recipe collection.
Grilled Chicken Fajitas ingredients
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 large red onion, cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
method of preparation
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine chicken, lime juice, garlic, and jalapeno; turn to coat well. Marinate chicken at room temperature for 20 minutes or refrigerate overnight. Remove chicken from marinade and season lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Lightly coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium/high. Grill chicken until cooked through about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a medium bowl toss bell peppers, and onion with oil. Using a grill basket or grill topper, if necessary, grill vegetables, turning occasionally, until softened and lightly charred, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer onions to a platter. Transfer peppers to a cutting board and cut into thin strips; transfer to the platter with onions.
Submit your review